Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Sometimes it might be better to spend a few more dollars..

now than piss away money. Here is a link to some active crossovers. I will be using a pair of these with my vintage Altec Duplex speakers myself. At only $42 more than your $60 choice this might actually be a better deal at only $102 for the complete kit. The guy that runs the business was fast at answering my questions. He told me quite a few 2-way Altec speaker owners have purchased his crossovers and kits. It makes sense as the kit cost is appealing to anyone who has priced having their stock crossovers rebuilt, or buying new aftermarket passive ones. For the Model 19 and other 2-way VOT owners it makes sense as the stock crossovers are left alone to not affect the purists who want to buy stock speakers with the original crossovers still intact. Using one of these is a viable alternative. Good luck! John

"Active crossover kit for our 2 way 4th order (24db/octave) Linkwitz-Riley active crossover. Image shown assembled.

Board is a full stereo (2 channels) with on-board regulated power supply. Board features 2 inputs (Left/Right) and has high and low pass outputs for both right and left channels. Kit includes board and all parts for a fully functional 2 way stereo crossover. Includes power transformer, parts list, schematic and assembly instructions. We use high quality parts, such as 2% tolerance polypropylene capacitors and 1% MIL spec resistors. Unit is very low noise and distortion, making it suitable for use with high efficiency loudspeakers, where other units may be objectionable. Suitable for mounting in an existing enclosure.

We stock values for the crossover frequencies listed on the pull-down menu above. For frequencies not listed, please contact us, and we will make efforts to satisfy your requirements."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.