Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Active crossover experiments on the cheap.......

Hi guys,

As I've posted before my main system consists of a SET amp, tube CD, and a pair of Lowther horns.

Anyway recently I've become interested in dipol/baffle/active crossover/multi amped stuff. Obviously these items vary in application but it gives an idea of what I've been looking into.

As a second, play around with, system I've considered putting together a bi-amped, dipole system. The only catch is that I'd need to do it on the cheap! I've a 2nd CD player for a source, and could power the top part of a two way set up with an old Carver reciever I have. Inexpensive plate amps are plentiful as are active crossovers.

One of the crossovers I've found is dirt cheap at $60 plus shipping. It's a Nady unit. I did as search of this forum and found next to nothing concerning this unit.

It looks to be a 4 way crossover but I wonder if it could be used for different applications? They also produce a two way crossover for $10 extra bucks.(?)

Anyone know of these? Could it be a reasonable component in a second, experimental system?

I'd appreciate any and all input.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Active crossover experiments on the cheap....... - Rick Barton 09:00:04 01/27/07 (24)

You can not post to an archived thread.