Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: What Components for A5/A7 Hiraga Crossovers

i would use paper in oils on the horn- probably more important than on the woof... solens can get pretty hot- but i guess it depends on the sound you're looking for. i use vitamin q's-- but i've also got a pile of aerovox, sprague, CD.. all kinds of motor runs, and i haven't found huge differences-- or at least differences that are irritating! i started with solens, and they were, to my ears, just too grating.

sounds like a nice 'nuf list o' parts-- you musta paid a HEAP for a pair of 3.3mH 12 gauge inductors-- that's like 8 pounds of copper!

i would probably start with some 100 w lpads for the horn.. i tried for forever to get the values just right, and missed every time.. adjustability is kinda a necessity-- cause who knows if ol' jean had the same ears as you. for $15.. you get all the adjustment you need, and if you need a balance adjustment-- once you figure out what you LIKE, then stick in mills to measured values off the lpad- saved me a lotta heartache! striking that balance between horn/woof is absolutely critical for 'getting it right'...

otherwise.. enjoy-- don't be afraid to experiment, and listen hard!

d

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What Components for A5/A7 Hiraga Crossovers - stuck.wilson@gmail.com 05:20:13 01/25/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.