Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Gracias Jeffrey Re: The lowest price I found in the US is...

Thanks for the price source, and for sharing what you've heard.

I googled on "driverack pa dcx2496" and came up with this discussion on prosoundweb:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/pv/117/0/0/

This is a forum for performance sound pros, and their consensus is that they like the dcx2496 better for features and sound, but it has had reliability issues (I notice that the dcx2496 is backordered on PartsExpress, and wonder if that isn't related.) So yer pays yer money, and yer takes yer chances.

I find the basic concept appealing--the ability to effortlessly change crossover parameters and frequency response. My personal opinion (not a fact) is that frequency response adjustment is the red-headed stepchild of audio fanatics, perhaps unfairly so. Granted, as another link in the chain it has to degrade the sound somewhat, but both these units are relatively cheap, and offer gobs of flexibility to experiment and learn. Once crossovers and response are dialed in, one could then hardwire the optimal configuration using line-level passives.

I hope you'll continue to report your experiences.

Thanks again,

George

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Gracias Jeffrey Re: The lowest price I found in the US is... - Dr Deville 21:35:12 01/24/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.