Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Looking for enclosure suggestions for LC1A drivers

Thanks for all of the responses. Mine have always been bass shy...comparatively speaking, to other speakers I've owned. I've had these all my life and replaced them when I was younger, with some big Infinity's. I stored them away, because they had sentimental value, and I knew they were historical. My reading about single drivers, reminded me of the wonderful midrange they used to have.

I was hoping I could create something with extended response that has that gave me that sweet midband, with extended response for excessively loud classical and progressive rock. I could just build a sub, but I thought it would be best to go as low as pracicable, with the main spkrs.

I have always wondered about the oversized "port" on the front, which seems, not to emminate bass, but just be a window to hear internal box reflections. (The boxes are relatively thin and rather resonant).

I am aware of their value, but I was hoping to keep the original enclosures and build something to listen to. Something that combined the attributes of the RCAs and my Infinitys(SM-152, 15" cheapish ported boxes).

I have seen mention, by RCA fan, I think, of a backloaded horn, that Olsen designed, just for the LC1As. Or did I misunderstand?

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.