Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Thanks JandG--Now to Pump You For Information (g)

I don't have measurements to show how low the Vifa's are going, but I assure you they are doing 40hz fine. The Vifa's mentioned are discontinued & I am the only one I know of using them in OB, the have low Qts for OB, but for some reason they work very well. There are many drivers out there in production that are made for OB Bass augmentation or are a good match a proven in OB, look at the Decware forum, DIYaudio.com,Hawthorne audio has a excellent OB only forum.Huge thread called Dark Star,, google that,, it is huge. I would read all you can on the mentioned forums on open baffle, many people have headed that way , it will be easy to pick the bass augmentation driver.. alot of peoele use a Behringer DCX 2496 for active XO.. I am no fan of op-amps & such so I choose not to use them on the fullranger, direct to amp if possible for me..& sometimes a way out the xo , 1st order cap to a ribbon. The B200's can be purchased at E-Speakers.com. in Cal. $137.00 a pop I think. far superiour to the fe167e IMO.No whizzer, nice driver. As for refecttion, speaker placement is a biggie.. No hard & fast rules, most run them well into the room, I run mine 2foot from back wall. & just use material to cover the wall partially. most just treat the back of baffle with somekind of material..I can also calculate for you your PLLXO cut, just need to know your amp input impendence. or you can download the program @ TubeCAD.com just a couple rca's, very few parts & your cut, actually you can do it in your amp, but I like plug in's for now cuz I roll amps ALOT...I have tried lots & lots of alnico drivers in OB,, & these B200's are hard to beat.. Hemp Acoustics has some fullrange drivers coming out specifically for OB. Hawthorne Audio also has OB driver's & OB bass augmentation drivers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Thanks JandG--Now to Pump You For Information (g) - JANDG 21:31:35 01/20/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.