Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Google up 'Hoffman's Iron Law'.

I Googled Hoffman's Iron Law and posted it here to save a few steps for others reading this thread.

"There's what's called "Hoffman's Iron Law". Basically it states, a loudspeaker can perform 2 of the following 3 functions. It can be sensitive (play loud with little power), it can have a small box, it can play low frequencies. So chose the 2 you want, the 3rd you have no control over."

I suspected Hoffmans Iron Law was the case in this situation. You can only have 2 out of 3. I won't argue that principle. I'm just looking for a good match for the Sophia Baby amp in a small speaker. I would sacrifice the low freqs for a small pair of good sounding pair of speakers (please don't ask me to qualify "good sound". That's a can of worms that won't go back).

The Sophia Baby is a nice very compact amp. I'd like to put together a compact system. I may be fine with 86db speakers but I have never tried that combination in a small room. I do like DIY projects but I already have a backlog that seems to be growing and plan to spend more time in the office which gets back to my reason for this system.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Google up 'Hoffman's Iron Law'. - Spectre1 14:50:26 01/20/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.