Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: I D E A L sub setup for oris horns?

Hi,

I do not know what the ideal bass system for Oris 150 would be, but for my Oris 150/AER MD 3 combo I have used large, straight bass horns with great success (see link below). I used active crossovers of good quality (high pass: 12 dB/octave at 100 Hz in order to protect the AER drivers; low pass: 12 dB/octave at 160 Hz). In ths setup the integration was absolutely seemless - at least to my ears! It seemed as if everything came from the Oris horns....

Of course the use of large bass horns take up a lot of space. If you have a good digital crossover you could fold the bass horns in order to save place and then delay the Oris-section accordingly. A large L-shaped horn with just a single 90-degree bent would probably be a good idea in this regard.

Otherwise I would try one of Bert's suggestions (using his BD15 drivers in bass reflex systems. He certainly knows what he is doing!

I can't help you about the Lowther drivers, since I have not tried any of those, sorry. Good luck!

All the best
Peter

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I D E A L sub setup for oris horns? - PK 01:43:43 01/20/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.