Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: If it helps any PR170?

[I'm not much good with any stuff - didn't learn properly.]

Well I ain't learned at all so that gives you a leg up.

[anyhow - XT1086 looks like a real bargain. From just a minute of listening to ENG-90 up on a karlson box, can tell result is much better in its range than old school horns (and C190's wveguide) and will work fine with an old Eminence driver to give more useful coverage without timbre problems and hotspot(s)]

I think we are lucky and have some better, off the shelf horns' these days. Still not much in that 250 hertz or so range but we can hope.

[what Eminence 12" type do you have? would 2-12" stacked with XT1086 be an option for headbangers and stil get good blend at xover?]

Dunno what model# as it is a loaner. From what little I have deduced I'd go 3-way and have a mid range driver. Up to you to decide what is best. I can only say so far I like a paper cone mid.

[ps - I've got k-horn and heresy needing better sound - haha]

I have heard the heresy enough and think it is okay for a center channel above 100+ hertz thing for movies but too basslimited and in your face on the highs for music. I'd say you can get better for your money by ebaying them.

Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.