Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Avantegarde Duos ...

In general, I use about 11:30 - 12 on the volume and about 12 - 12:30 on the crossover frequency. This is only a starting point. If the room is asymmetrical, you'll probably end up with the controls in different postions for each speaker. Here at my place, the system sounds more agile & tuneful in the bass at 25Hz, although some systems I've done with larger rooms worked better with 20Hz.

The click stops are only markers, feel free to adjust with minute movements between click stops when you start getting it dialed in. That means you are adjusting crossover points to within several (maybe 5) Hz, and level to within under .25 dB. The human ear is said to not recognize level differences under maybe 1 dB, but anyone can hear a shift in spectral balance down to under .25 dB.

You'll know you have it right when you no longer feel the need to change it for each recording, and you just want to listen to music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Avantegarde Duos ... - Jim Smith 01:34:55 05/05/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.