Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Aren't you closing yourself off to some good quality music?...

****"To date , the SACD consortium has shown little commitment to Multichannel . I will not be purchasing any of the upcoming Stones , and CCR SACDs"*******

ZS KEKL - obviously your commitment to MCH is strong, but why shut yourself off from what could be quality sonics merely because the music is not being released in MCH.

Further, SACD, although not primarily a MCH format, is doing pretty well in my book about getting alot of their newer releases out in MCH if need be. As far as the Stones are concered, ABKCO has indicated their reasons for presenting the music in stereo. In addition, imagine the additional cost and effort necessary to re-mix 22 albums into discrete surround. It would almost be a given that if they were to have gone that route, we would be waiting long past August 20th for the Stones discs to appear.

As for CCR, Steve Hoffman re-mastered the current crop of AP vinyl which sound phenomenal, IMHO, and from my understanding they did so from the original stereo masters. I surmise that Fantasy has probably only given the rights to AP to remaster the SACD from the stereo masters - and if they sound half as good as the vinyl editions, we are all in for some treat.

Fine, only buy music in surround, that is your perogative. But I feel you might just miss out on some quality releases if you do. (And I, like you, love MCH music).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.