Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

If I manage to get my hands on one of these questionaires...

Here is how I would respond:

"Does your receiver/amplifier have six distinct analog inputs for DVD-Audio?"

No, and it would be too painful financially to make the appropriate investment for hi-rez multichannel. When there are enough MC hi-rez recording, I will reconsider the required preamp with 6-channel analog bypass.

"the following question listed a 1-5 (5 very important) scale on each item:
"How important were each of these in your descision to purchase DVD-Audio discs: Multichannel Sound, High-Quality Sound, Extra
content, Plays in DVD Player"

MC sound =1 (Re" see above,)
Sound Quality = 5 (watermarking serious hinders my desire to buy DVD-A. Slightly lesser concerns are inconsistent resolution (especially with the 2-channel music where some discs have compressed DD/DTS soundtracks in lieu of LPCM) and even at the highest resolution (2-channel 24/192), it may not be a match for SACD.
Extra Content = 1 - who cares ? especially as I don't want to have to resort to a monitor to control the DVD-A.
Plays in DVD-V = 5 (But only if it includes a 24/96 PCM, unwatermarked stereo mix ; DD/DTS Mixes need not apply

"Which one of the following do you prefer? High-Quality MCH Sound, High-Quality Stereo Sound, Like both equally, Don't Know"

HQ Stereo sound at the moment as MC is quite expensive. I will reserve judgement on the value of MC.

"How often do you have the TV on when listening to DVD-Audios? Often, Sometimes, Never"

Often, but I am watching ESPN independent of the music selection and don't want to have to mess with video display of DVD-A controls.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • If I manage to get my hands on one of these questionaires... - Oscar 21:32:50 07/30/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.