Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

From a person who IS a market researcher...

and who runs a market research company, which you do NOT...

1. You have no idea what market reseacrh they did prior to launch.

2. The BEST market research is done with your own customers. If you don't know what they think, you know nothing.

3. Market research into new technology is tenuous at best. That's because people have little frame of reference, and there is generally no conscious need. If you had done market research prior to Disneyland being created, it would have gone like this:
Would you be interested in travelling hundreds of miles or more, to a large theme park filled with 3/4 size castles and other Disney themed buildings, with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters running around, at a cost of $100 plus a day? Sure, I'm simplifying, but the answer would have been a resounding no. If you did market research into a new and unknown technology, it too would generate a negative response. If, in 1980, I asked you if you would be interested in buying a machine that you could type letters on, do calculations on, that you could connect by phone line at a cost of $40 a month and send messages to other people, all for a cost of $3000 - you would have said why? Why would I need it? No way.

The point is, with new technologies - before a market is created, the public has no interest or need. Market research always tells you that a new technology has no market. There would never be any innovation.

You know, a customer survey is only one part of a smart company's information and it's the best and easiest way to start. That doesn't mean it's the only thing.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.