Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Dead. 22 Stones SACD's-maybe. Remember "Gaucho"?

First of all, I didn't sign up for an argument, I just wanted to let the gentleman who started the thread know that you are vocal about your doomsday theory on SACD, but there is reason to believe SACD is here to stay. Those reasons don't have to do with promises unfulfilled so much as actions already taken and set in motion--a serious investment on Sony's part that lay a solid foundation.

As for the ABKCO titles, it sounds like the DSD transfers have already been completed. The press release states:

>> The restoration process for ABKCO’s The Rolling Stones Remastered Series started with hundreds of hours of painstaking research on both sides of the Atlantic to determine the analog sources most true to the original Rolling Stones studio recordings.

Final mastering for all albums was completed under the direction of the legendary Bob Ludwig who commented, "While three generations of music fans, myself included, are all quite familiar with the Stones’ material, DSD has afforded us the opportunity to showcase both their brilliance and rough edges all over again in a meaningful way."

All 22 of the albums in ABKCO’s The Rolling Stones Remastered Series, highlighting such classic tracks as "Sympathy For The Devil," "Under My Thumb," "Street Fighting Man," "Mother’s Little Helper," "The Last Time" and, of course, "(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction," will be released August 20th with Universal handling distribution worldwide. Suggested retail list price is $18.98 for single disc packages. <<

So you see, release date and list price have already been set. The transfers have already been completed from the best possible source material (with such benefits as restoring Beggar's Banquet to its proper speed). I really don't see much room for pessimism in this, or any other area of SACD rollout.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.