Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

My DVPS-9000ES has never been harsh except with some older Columbia Recordings which are harsh in

any format. I run through a Tube Pre-Amp. SACDs and DVD-Audio's are all treated with Discsolution and CD Stoplight is applied to the edges. The only really bad harshness I have heard is with poorly recorded 44.1kHz CDs, even the 2 Channel Dolby Digital is smooth. The DVD-Audio's have to have High Rez on the Video layer, so far I have the Chesky, Classic and Rykodisc 24/96 DADs and the Hi Rez Music and AIX 24/96 DVD-Audios, and the EMI 24/48 DVD-Audio's. I have 200 SACDs and 40 DAD / DVD-Audio's. I every instance the SACD is not only superior but VASTLY so. I did comparions of ANTIL's Corroborre Suite Classic 24/96 DAD versus Vanguard SACD (about a week ago) and comparions of 24/96 DADs with selections from Chesky's SACD sampler. This was most suprising as the Chesky masters are 24/96, yet the 24/96 to DSD SACD was more realistic sounding and smoother than the 24/96 DAD, I posted this about a year ago, others have noticed this also but no one has as answer?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.