Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: PS: here is my post comparing a 24/96 DAD to SACD version

If you`re doing the comparison using the Sony 9000ES, is it surprising that a machine manufactured by the developers of SACD to principally showcase SACD should ensure SACD playback was foremost, hence better than any DVD audio format?

You prefer SACD, others prefer DVD - if SACD was objectively `better` rather than being simply subjectively prefered, the backers of SACD wouldn`t be so reticent in recording directly comparable versions of both; as it is the mixing is usually so different as to make comparisons useless - the Telarc 1812 being a case in point.

Yesterday I once again listened to a friend`s 777ES in his own system and whilst I could easily live with it`s presentation there`s no way I`d say it`s more like `live` than well implemented PCM, and in fact I`ve just ordered a Toshiba SD-510E DVD/DVD-A player rather than the similarly priced Sony DVP-NS700V DVD/SACD.

It`s all well and good even if 80% of inmates express a strong preference for SACD and nobody should have any problem with this - even the pro-DVD-A crowd - but when the pro-SACD crowd state as a fact that SACD is superior and that any deviation from this mantra is the result of the poster`s hearing/intelligence, all it does is make them look so rabidly biased as to be illogical and unworthy of ever being takn seriously again.

Best Regards,
Chris Redmond.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.