Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Let your ears be the judge....

though it will be difficult to do an apples to apples comparison between 24/96 or 24/192 PCM vs. SACD since there ain;t much software out there in both formats and both would have to be derived from the same recording session and played back on comparable hardware. Maybe some in the recording industry have been able to make this comparison but I suspect almost everyone reading this forum have not had the privilege of doing so. Some may have a very strong opinion one way or the other but this is completely subjective.

I picked one format for reasons other than DVD-A vs SACD sound fidelity. This format is still the format of choice due to better implementation in both software and hardware IMHO.

I reserve judgement on sound quality until I can hear both formats done well on multiple recordings (and/or when I have much better appreciation of live music) though there is a very good chance one (or both) formats will die before I can make such a comparison.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Let your ears be the judge.... - oscar 20:56:38 06/21/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.