Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: SAD/DAD far superior to CD. Is SACD better again?

Well, I don't want to buy 2 of the same to do an A/B test, but I could (I bought a CD and want to return it to get the DAD instead -- now that would be a good A/B test if I kept both!) Hmmm, maybe for the sake of science and this board I'll sacrifice the 20 bucks for the CD return.

The sound I've heard from the DAD disks is something I've NEVER heard from a CD -- and the other Chesky's CDs are recorded at 24/96 and changed to 16/44.1 only at the final stage. They just don't do it. I don't think it is something that requires a full A/B test to hear. It isn't all that subtle.

Yes, the choice of an SACD player is going to take time. I may want to stick to stereo SACD for a while, since my Denon 5800 receiver (which I don't use for stereo, only for HT right now) definitely degrades the sound when using the analog inputs. But, I like 7.1 Home Theater, and most audiophile preamps are only 6 channel ... arghhh. Maybe I'll stick to DAD for a few months out of my DVD-V player into my Bel Canto DAC2.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: SAD/DAD far superior to CD. Is SACD better again? - audioNeil 11:39:39 06/21/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.