Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Exciting News!! Meitner DSD player coming (relatively) soon.

Yes, there has been some excitement from those in the SACD/DSD field about this one.

At CES last month, I talked with one of the pro industry firms that works with EMM Labs/Ed Meitner. Apparently they had been to the EMM Labs in Calgary, heard a prototype of the upcoming Meitner SACD Player and raved about the sound.

The player promises to be a way for audiophiles to get real Meitner circuitry in an SACD player. Earlier messages here have said that Sony has modified some of their SACD players so they can be connected to Meitner DSD DACs for SACD Quality Control.

That suggests that the Meitner SACD player will be worth auditioning. As a Switchman II owner, I'm looking forward to a listen to the Meitner SACD Player myself!

As for the DVD Video features, check The Absolute Sound's February/March issue. In that issue, one article on SACD players says a "Pacific Rim firm" is working on a high end player that will set new standards of SACD playback.

The same TAS issue also quotes high end audio firms as saying that the many licenses required for DVD Video/DVD Audio playback are affecting the ability and cost to put out high end DVD Video/DVD Audio players.

So Meitner may have to bump his price a bit if his upcoming SACD player incorporates SACD and DVD Video playback vs. being an SACD/CD only player like the Sony XA777ES, for example. (As I understand it, once an audio manufacturer has the SACD license, CD features are included. But DVD Video is another set of licenses - and DVD Audio adds another layer on top of that).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Exciting News!! Meitner DSD player coming (relatively) soon. - bmoura 16:08:02 02/10/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.