Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Marantz 30N, the downsizing and consolidation continues..

Hi guys, I received my Marantz 30N a few days ago. It replaces a preamp, a Marantz na6006 network player and a Sony 1100es Universal player. Well I will be keeping the Sony to play DVD videos. I am very impressed with the 30n so far. I had a hard time deciding between the silver or the black, but I got the silver and it's really nice and more WAF.
The fit , finish and feel is exceptional. It weights as much as some amplifiers.
The na6006 network player is a very good sounding streamer, with a very similar dac as the OPPO 205 I once had, but the 30n is on another level.
I don't rip CDs, use USB or Roon, or use headphones, so none of that matters. I still have all my CDs and SACDs, and I love streaming the jazz stations on the Heos app, so this player suits me fine.
There is a few negatives I have found so far however, not deal breakers but would be nice to have.
Since using it as a preamp is a feature, it would be nice to be able to match the input levels. Using my TV optical out going into the 30n resulted in a lower volume level than when streaming.
The power button on the remote supposedly is to put the unit into standby, but it's more like just turning the unit on and off. Because when it's off, there is no indication that it's in standby, no little light, nothing. Even with the display in the off position, if the volume was muted you could not tell if the unit was off or on.
It would be nice if the LED lighting was independent of the display, then they could stay on in the standby mode or when the display is off.
Last but not least is the remote. They should have just sent the na6006 remote with it.
Because the only good thing about the remote is that it's metal and heavy, which I am not even sure about. The buttons are small and the stenciling color is so pale , that its difficult to read especially in low light. A backlighting would be nice, but if not, at least make the writing bright enough so it stands out. The na6006 remote is much better.
I know it's hard for any one product to have all the nice features you have come to like by using other equipment that has them and you have come to expect, so as usual it takes readjustment in you priorities, so if your priorities are sound quality and performance you will love the 30n.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Marantz 30N, the downsizing and consolidation continues.. - ABliss 08:58:34 11/08/21 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.