Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: FiiO

That's a very nice setup. It is still amazing you can fit so much data on those little memory sticks and cards. I would say no need for a NAS, especially if you don't want to drive yourself crazy. I'm a pretty advanced user and my NAS sometimes still baffles me. I got it to work, but it is very complicated for the most part. You need a good level of experience in computer networking to get it to work properly. This is for the advanced NAS units one would need to use for audio with lots of storage.

Basically a NAS is a harddrive that you plug into your network router.

I was looking into Mytek about a year or two ago, it is supposed to sound pretty good for what you pay for it. I didn't upgrade and wound up keeping my Auralic Vega DAC instead which I like but I can only go up to DSD 128.

There are DACs that convert everything to DSD, if I remember correctly one is made by PS Audio. Someone here mentioned some SACD players are also doing that in hardware if you play a regular CD with the SACD player. Doing it in software requires a lot of power in terms of the processors, which cause heat and overworking the processing chips. And it maybe the case in your situation as well, since the battery is draining and the chips are working overtime.

I haven't looked too much into DACs that can upsample everything to DSD. That would be something I would be interested in.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: FiiO - bullethead 04:55:00 11/28/20 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.