Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: FiiO

> You've been raving about your FiiO for awhile now.

Yes, FiiO players seem to work very well for me. I like the fact that I don't need to connect my computer to my stereo system in order to play digital music. The little FiiO players are totally autonomous and play digital music files directly from their plug-in micro SD memory card. I like that aspect, although it's kind of limiting because the largest capacity micro SD memory card is 1-TB so I need several and I have to switch them periodically to play all my music. I don't understand NAS systems and that's why I went with the FiiO players. Perhaps I should have learned how to use an NAS system.

I'm currently using the flagship FiiO M15 player. It sounds fantastic but it sometimes gets a little warm when upsampling PCM to DSD. However, it doesn't get very warm when playing DSD files or PCM files; only when upsampling PCM to DSD. It also drains the battery twice as fast in the PCM-to-DSD upsampling mode.

I also have a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, which can play PCM up through 24/192 directly from a plugin USB drive. If I want to play DSD I have to use JRiver from my computer. Since I prefer not to use my computer to stream digital music files to my Brooklyn Bridge, I use the Brooklyn Bridge primarily for PCM and the FiiO M15 primarily for DSD. My Brooklyn Bridge also serves as an external DAC for my HDTV and my Oppo BDP-105D.

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: FiiO - John Elison 15:59:27 11/27/20 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.