In Reply to: strange SACD problem posted by airheadair on March 12, 2020 at 11:17:08:
It is certainly feasible that you may have interference between the OTL amp and the SA-10 player.
Most SACD players provide a choice of filters one of which curtails the HF response to prevent such interference. However the SA-10 does not really use a digital filter at all by virtue of upsampling everything to a very high frequency. So he possibility exists but should, I would think, be apparent with more than a single disc.
Have you simply tried cleaning the Patricia Barber SACD? The fault described also sounds like the result of a dirty disc and that fault could explain why it played OK on one occasion but not on another.
NB: Duplicate postings on different forums is not allowed.
"We need less, but better" - Dieter RamsThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - strange SACD problem - airheadair 11:17:08 03/12/20 (8)
- RE: strange SACD problem - airheadair 20:08:24 03/15/20 (1)
- RE: strange SACD problem - smargo 09:31:22 03/16/20 (0)
- RE: strange SACD problem. DPLL? - Mel 09:12:04 03/14/20 (0)
- I haven't had a problem with SACD's like you're having, but. . . - Chris from Lafayette 11:38:20 03/13/20 (0)
- RE: strange SACD problem - oldmkvi 10:18:22 03/13/20 (0)
- RE: strange SACD problem - PAR 03:19:58 03/13/20 (2)