Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: The advances have come in higher DSD resolution...

I upgraded from an Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 digital recorder to a TASCAM DA-3000 DSD recorder several years ago and I now copy vinyl in DSD128. I think it sounds noticeably better than 24/96 PCM. All my DACs and digital players support up to DSD256. The only SACD player I've ever owned is my Oppo BDP-105D Blu-Ray Disc Player, which doesn't necessarily sound that good compared to my other DACs. However, I've kind of fallen in love with DSD and the higher resolution DSD seems to sound slightly better to me than DSD64.

If you're looking for an autonomous DSD player that's not too expensive, check out the FiiO M11 Pro. It supports DSD256 directly from a plug-in memory card so you don't need a computer streamer. I also own the newer FiiO M15, which sounds just a little better, but not much. It costs twice as much as the M11 Pro, though.

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The advances have come in higher DSD resolution... - John Elison 17:59:43 02/18/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.