Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Another case for Streaming Services

"...but the fly in your ointment is that no lossless streaming service has yet posted a profit. So there is no indication that any will be in business this time next year. "

You make a valid point but I'm not willing to buy "insurance" at this time in the form of physical media based on speculation that both Qobuz and Tidal might not be here next year. There's another option to consider too. Amazon Music HD is backed by a company that's not going out of business anytime soon ;-)

"So, if a particular title is important to me then I will still purchase it to ensure my long term access. Otherwise there is a reasonable chance that I will get up one day, go to stream it and it is no longer there."

If a particular new album is important to me I still see no need to buy "insurance" if I can stream it lossless. I'll wait for all lossless streaming services to go belly up first so we'll cross that bridge when and if we get there.

As for albums that I already own, I'm no longer on that merry go round of buying better sounding remastered releases (and owning multiple copies) as I can hear and enjoy them via streaming.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Another case for Streaming Services - AbeCollins 07:11:15 01/21/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.