Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Strategy for SACD disc playing and Streaming Dac

Hi Folks,

So, I've got my system restarted after a long period of hibernation. I had 2 disc players, an old Sony multidisc 555, and a newer Yamaha DVD/SACD player. I've been using the Yamaha casually for a couple of years, works ok, but the transport is LOUD. I thought I'd hook up the Sony, but something happened to it and it screeches now and does nothing much after.

So, I have quite a few non hybrid SACD's, several hybrids as well, so I'd like something that plays those. So far I see Marantz's $$$ options, Yamaha has 3, Denon has 1, and that's about it. I know there's DCS, Esoteric etc, but if I can't swing the Marantz. Used, not really an option for a disc player as far as I'm concerned. As far as budget, I really don't know yet since I don't know if there's a one box solution or if I need at least two.

So, what's the best strategy to play all my discs, and get a dac for streaming? I'm pretty sure the Marantz 10 has a useable dac, not sure about the KI (RIP) Ruby, or the Yamahas. I'm hesitant to use another DVD drive because of noise, but if anyone knows of a quiet DVD/UDP that plays SACD's, can use as a transport and allows use of the dac for streaming (I know it's a tall order) let me know.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Strategy for SACD disc playing and Streaming Dac - Sibelius 10:18:48 12/24/19 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.