In Reply to: Good question... posted by Ivan303 on July 13, 2017 at 21:26:47:
I just checked on my iMac, and Tidal is barely a blip. I tried pass-through MQA and with MQA decode on the computer. Neither send it over 10% utilization. Now, this is no Macbook Air. It is the highest priced stock iMac (or at least until the recent releases a few weeks ago). 27", 3.3ghz i5... It is the best computer I've ever used anywhere. Maybe an i7 would be a slight bump but the reports said it wasn't worth the extra money, and I wanted it same day anyway.
I also have an Air, but I don't have Tidal on that as it is a work computer and installing SW is a no-no. They would do it for me if I asked, but it isn't that important.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - identifying streaming quality on Tidal - Jim D. 08:55:30 07/12/17 (17)
- Here's another twist - Tidal from within Roon - AbeCollins 20:15:03 07/14/17 (2)
- What device actually is decoding the MQA encoded file... - Ivan303 20:56:00 07/14/17 (1)
- RE: What device actually is decoding the MQA encoded file... - AbeCollins 21:23:38 07/14/17 (0)
- It would depend entirely on the player software Bluesound Node 2 uses.... - Ivan303 19:33:43 07/13/17 (12)
- RE: It would depend entirely on the player software Bluesound Node 2 uses.... - double28 07:24:58 07/14/17 (7)
- But will in decode the MQA encoded signal... - Ivan303 13:36:51 07/14/17 (6)
- RE: But will in decode the MQA encoded signal... - double28 14:03:38 07/14/17 (5)
- RE: It would depend entirely on the player software Bluesound Node 2 uses.... - PAR 20:34:14 07/13/17 (3)
- RE: identifying streaming quality on Tidal - ahendler 11:23:01 07/12/17 (0)
- RE: Good question... - zacster 02:34:25 07/14/17 (1)
- Decoding MQA in the TIDAL player.... - Ivan303 06:47:04 07/14/17 (0)