Hi-Rez Highway

Signs of Life from Pono

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Hi-Rez Highway ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

I received an email update from Pono. They wrote that 7music is still upgrading it's infrastructure to handle the Pono library. They did not say how far along it was, and they did not say anything like, soon. There was no time estimate given. It also stated they would start with the same inventory they ended with, and then be adding new releases. During RAMF when the reviewers were interviewing the Meridian guys I wanted to ask them to get an update about 7music and Pono, but I didn't.

The other half of the email dealt with a replacement for the J River based music player. Pono developed a new music player in-house called Pono Music Vault. That's why I waited to post about this. The old player didn't expire till 12/31/16, two weeks after the email. Then I forgot about it. Just downloaded it. It's still scanning my hard drive. It looks pretty plain, but a new skin would be easy enough later. They said people complained that the old one was too difficult. Umm, don't know about that. The old one had the covers in front of you, but it also had a drill down list on the left side of the screen. I thought it was convenient and easy to use. The new one just has the covers or photos of the band on the screen. It looks like there are customizing tabs, so we'll see. Hey it's free. Maybe they didn't want to pay the J River licensing fee anymore?

The main reason I like Pono is that they offer the same product at the lowest price.

------------------------------------------------------
Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

Follow Ups: