In Reply to: RE: But the restricted tracks only play the first 45 seconds of the track posted by PAR on July 5, 2017 at 08:26:03:
OK. Here is a playlist of about 20 albums that demo the resolution mis-characterization of which I am having a problem. Hopefully all of you can tap into it and see for yourself what I am talking about. As I come across others, I add them to the playlist so it will continue to grow.
I have sent the list to Qobuz customer service in both the German and French services. Maybe PAR can do the same to get a response from the UK service.
Another demonstration of the lack of availability of Hi-Rez classical albums is to do a simple search for the composer Copland. The results appear to be an endless choice of albums, however, only three show up, near the top of the selection,in Hi-Rez and of those, only one is in the higher resolution advertised.
Do another search, this time for Mahler. The results are somewhat better but not up to advertised expectations: Of the first 18 albums 16 are shown as Hi-Rez but only 4 are 24 bit, 4 are MP3 and 4 are 16 bit. The two shown as 16 bit are of course in that resolution.
The best results come in a search for Mozart:Of the first 18 albums 17 are shown as Hi-Rez 16 are actually 24 bit, none are MP3 and 2 are 16 bit but but one alleges to be 16 bit. If all searches came out this good I would have no complaint. Maybe I tend to search for the wrong, less popular, composers.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Paging Ivan 303, Maxim, Loan Arranger - PAR 00:19:34 07/01/17 (19)
- Bigger problem with Qobuz Sublime+. - Loan Arranger 16:53:41 07/04/17 (13)
- RE: Bigger problem with Qobuz Sublime+. - PAR 18:02:22 07/04/17 (12)
- RE: Bigger problem with Qobuz Sublime+. - Loan Arranger 18:34:10 07/04/17 (11)
- RE: "They play at MP3!" - Ivan303 19:04:19 07/04/17 (10)
- RE: "They play at MP3!" - Loan Arranger 20:07:55 07/04/17 (9)
- How do you determine it's MP3? - Ivan303 20:40:43 07/04/17 (8)
- RE: How do you determine it's MP3? - Loan Arranger 21:56:22 07/04/17 (7)
- RE: How do you determine it's MP3? - PAR 03:22:07 07/05/17 (6)
- But the restricted tracks only play the first 45 seconds of the track - Ivan303 07:09:16 07/05/17 (5)
- RE: But the restricted tracks only play the first 45 seconds of the track - PAR 08:26:03 07/05/17 (4)
- Thanks for the tip... - Ivan303 07:30:24 07/01/17 (0)
- Merci - maxim 05:57:34 07/01/17 (3)
- De rien - PAR 08:24:36 07/01/17 (2)
- Thinking it best to let you guys sort out Sublime+... - Ivan303 09:51:25 07/01/17 (1)
- RE: Thinking it best to let you guys sort out Sublime+... - PAR 06:21:10 07/03/17 (0)