Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Dang! That might explain...

Well I didn't want to get into things like Innovation S Curves and Diffusion. It was pretty obvious the S Curve was stretched in an odd shape. Around the time of T.H.E. Show in Irvine last year it became obvious audio journalists didn't have a handle on the Master part. And in general journalists have no clue about Authenticated part, as the artist intended is just marketing hype. If it wasn't for others in chain from recording to release a lot of artists wouldn't have a sound that is viable in the market. Recording music is a team effort. That leaves Quality. Turns out there was no popular music (the stuff 90% of Americans buy) to purchase. It is pretty hard to evaluate quality when you can't listen for yourself. Going to the show in Irvine confirmed all of this and the audio press was going all out for MQA. RMAF 2016 was just more of the same so what to do?

Create a system where MQA can be discussed away from audio journalists. It's been more successful than I expected at getting actual information about MQA discussed. I can't thank the people who provided the technical information across many sites enough. Or Roon who made counting albums so much easier showing the limited supply of MQA albums. Not to mention Companies House who made all of their information about UK companies public. Today a way to bypass MQA decoding was posted. The will be more to come.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.