In Reply to: RE: MQA Newbie Question posted by PAR on June 26, 2017 at 02:49:30:
Interestingly, you should know that a well known independent mastering engineer who works for Audio Fidelity, Steve Hoffman, who release hybrid SACDs, captures the Redbook layer of all their discs at 16/44.1 because he believes tapes should be archived in the same native format they will be released in. They do a separate DSD capture for the SACD layer. One would think he would just fold down the DSD capture, but he believes in the least amount of processing.
On another note, many, many tapes have been captured to DSD as well. It is very easy to convert to PCM for mastering, and releasing in PCM.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - MQA Newbie Question - Les Anderson 14:03:24 06/25/17 (7)
- Follow up- What has been surprising - Les Anderson 06:06:55 07/09/17 (1)
- RE: Follow up- What has been surprising - ahendler 15:27:35 07/12/17 (0)
- RE: MQA Newbie Question - ahendler 20:59:03 06/25/17 (0)
- RE: MQA Newbie Question - PAR 15:27:25 06/25/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: MQA Newbie Question - Isaak J. Garvey 07:27:21 06/26/17 (0)