Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: What's a good internet service

When you say internet service do you mean a music streaming service and not an internet provider?If so:

Unfortunately you live in the USA and, as yet, won't have access ( or easy access) to probably the best, Qobuz. However all streaming services can only offer what is licensed to them by the record ompanies. The result is that none have anything like full coverage of the whole recorded music catalogue. It is somewhat piecemeal and unstable as the companies can ( and do) withdraw repertoire, license it only for given periods etc.

If you are happy to put up with good but lossy sound then Spotify Premium may be the nearest to what you want. It seems to have the most comprehensive repertoire of all as far as I can judge. Yes you can make playlists get full albums etc. They all provide that. Searching is, however, like most such systems only as good as the search terms that you type in. Unfortunately one does not necessarily know which terms the search engine uses as the key identifiers for a given piece of music. I don't think that e.g. release date or, say, 1982 version, is necessarily amongst them.

Choice also depends upon how much you want to spend a month.

As this is the hi-rez forum however then, if that is an important criterion, then Tidal is your service.

Edits: 06/03/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.