Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Naxos is back streaming!

Pretty much just like they were under Classics Online when it folded in February. Now the web site is run by Orastream who also provided the service for COL. Subscription to the Orastream Brio web site and cloud music storage system is separate from the media providers. So far the providers consist of only Naxos but one can only hope for additional content soon from others such as Chandos.

It appears each content provider will require a separate subscription. Naxos is currently SK8($5US)/mo. The Brio player and 1 terabyte of storage is $150 annually,wit a two week free trial.

After tracking Chandos development of their own streaming site, I was told last month they were indefinitely delayed, not being able to come up with a viable business plan. Hopefully, this could also be their route to success.

Anyway, the SQ is excellent especially on the HD selections, mostly in 24 bit 96. If you are interested in a two week trial, Search for Orastream Brio. The have a player for Windows, Apple, iOS and Android.

Although limited in content now this is the best SQ around for streaming at this time, I believe.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Naxos is back streaming! - Loan Arranger 12:59:34 05/28/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.