In Reply to: RE: Qobuz Sublime posted by PAR on May 15, 2017 at 15:07:32:
The WXC-50 has a dac built-in capable of decoding dsd 2.8/5.6MHz & PCM 192kHz
It's USB input only accept storage devices, and it is not meant to accept USB data from PCs. But this thing can stream 2xdsd files from your storage devices, so it is not an issue.
It does have a switchable fan built in.
Default is ON.
Can only be switched off via MusicCast Controller App on smartphones/tablets.
Sound quality is quite good though.
Dynamic and clear. Soundstaging can be quite spacious.
Couple of Recommendations:
- Default setting is [Bookshelf Speaker] Mode.
Need to set it to [Floorstand Speaker] Mode to bypass the High-Pass Filter to sound its best.
- Make sure you check AC polarity.
All-in-all, this thing is dirt cheap. But perform very well against more expensive competitors.
Compared to the Auralic Altair (nearly 6 times the price of WXC-50), the WXC-50 sounds way way better, more dynamic and opened.
Edits: 05/23/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Qobuz Sublime - firstname.lastname@example.org 01:58:04 05/12/17 (11)
- RE: Qobuz Sublime - PAR 23:16:07 05/12/17 (6)
- RE: Qobuz Sublime - email@example.com 04:45:39 05/15/17 (4)
- RE: Qobuz Sublime - PAR 05:53:53 05/15/17 (3)
- Streamers... - Ivan303 09:14:07 05/13/17 (0)
- Please let us know how this works... - Ivan303 20:10:45 05/12/17 (3)Follow Ups
- WXC-50 - jeromelang 00:45:12 05/23/17 (0)