In Reply to: RE: Question on pricing posted by PAR on May 18, 2017 at 22:57:51:
>> Charles, the actual price for Sublime+ is 349.99 euro per annum. That has to be paid upfront, there isn't a monthly charge.
Like most streaming services working internationally that means 350 of your currency whatever it is. No converted rate for us Brits.<<
Thanks very much for the accurate information. For those of you who don't know, the pricing of downloads is set by the record labels. I assume the same is true for streaming.
MP3 streaming is 10 units per month from many, many services. CD-quality streaming is 20 units per month from several services. MQA streaming is also 20 units per month, with Tidal being the only tangible source. Now we see the first source of true hi-res streaming (from Qobuz) and it is 30 units per month.
It would seem that the record labels place a higher price on a higher quality product. In other words they don't value MQA any more than CD quality, whereas true hi-res files are worth more - even 44/24. Very interesting!
As always my posts here reflect my opinions only and not those of my employer, family, pen-pals, or ex-girlfriends.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Qobuz now offers full hi-rez streaming - PAR 18:09:25 05/18/17 (29)
- works for me! - maxim 09:12:15 05/29/17 (10)
- RE: works for me! - PAR 15:53:16 05/29/17 (5)
- RE: works for me! - maxim 16:24:26 05/29/17 (4)
- So the Aries's Lightning DS app is decoding the QOBUZ Hi Rez stream? - Ivan303 19:15:43 05/29/17 (3)
- RE: So the Aries's Lightning DS app is decoding the QOBUZ Hi Rez stream? - PAR 01:58:33 05/30/17 (0)
- RE: So the Aries's Lightning DS app is decoding the QOBUZ Hi Rez stream? - maxim 19:34:03 05/29/17 (1)
- I got lucky, I guess.... - Ivan303 19:43:06 05/29/17 (0)
- Dang! - Ivan303 12:59:02 05/29/17 (2)
- RE: Dang! - PAR 15:57:55 05/29/17 (1)
- SMSL DAC says the Ravel: Daphnis et Chloé track is indeed... - Ivan303 16:12:36 05/29/17 (0)
- Thanks very much for first-hand report! nt - Charles Hansen 10:08:50 05/29/17 (0)
- Now this might be worth exploring. nt - jusbe 04:40:08 05/21/17 (0)
- So have you taken the plunge? - Ivan303 09:29:29 05/20/17 (2)
- RE: So have you taken the plunge? - PAR 10:52:41 05/20/17 (1)
- And trial they do have... - Ivan303 11:10:23 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Qobuz now offers full hi-rez streaming - Isaak J. Garvey 18:26:12 05/18/17 (13)
- Question on pricing - Charles Hansen 20:37:43 05/18/17 (12)
- RE: Question on pricing - PAR 22:57:51 05/18/17 (3)
- LOL! - Charles Hansen 10:39:53 05/19/17 (2)
- RE: Question on pricing - Isaak J. Garvey 21:08:34 05/18/17 (7)
- RE: Question on pricing - PAR 23:04:55 05/18/17 (6)
- RE: Question on pricing - Isaak J. Garvey 07:16:21 05/19/17 (5)