Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

LOL!

>> Charles, the actual price for Sublime+ is 349.99 euro per annum. That has to be paid upfront, there isn't a monthly charge.

Like most streaming services working internationally that means 350 of your currency whatever it is. No converted rate for us Brits.<<

Thanks very much for the accurate information. For those of you who don't know, the pricing of downloads is set by the record labels. I assume the same is true for streaming.

MP3 streaming is 10 units per month from many, many services. CD-quality streaming is 20 units per month from several services. MQA streaming is also 20 units per month, with Tidal being the only tangible source. Now we see the first source of true hi-res streaming (from Qobuz) and it is 30 units per month.

It would seem that the record labels place a higher price on a higher quality product. In other words they don't value MQA any more than CD quality, whereas true hi-res files are worth more - even 44/24. Very interesting!

As always my posts here reflect my opinions only and not those of my employer, family, pen-pals, or ex-girlfriends.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.