Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Are Buyers unhappy with their Marantz SA-10s

Fantja I hope you are able to find a Demo in your area. When auditioning the player, I myself found the only limiting factor for Redbook CD playback is the recording quality of the media itself. I can say with absolute confidence the player itself is not the limiting factor. I believe that the methods used by Marantz to process the audio signal allow a minimalist approach in the applied filtering methologies on the unit. This allows the signals in the audio passband to be sent to the output stages without any signifigant alterations in the signal integrity. I think this is one of key reasons that Marantz sets the standard for the benchmark that has been achieved. No doubt the associated equipment in the system also plays an important role. It needs to at least be at the same level of fideity to experience the special qualities of this player. With good quality recordings loaded on this player the playback quality is a revelation in all arenas related to playback audio quality. That is one of the key reasons why I listed the CDs I played during my review. I find Telearc and Blue Note have a lot of CDs that are mixed properly and the dynamic range is not squashed because of excessive compression. I have also found some other labels that seem to have gotten it right. I just wanted to to reflect in on my latest thoughts. Regards. Rogl

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.