Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Qobuz Sublime

Looking at the user manual it appears that a true USB input is available on your amps' sister the CXA 80. I think that the one on the 60 may use a USB connector but may not conform to the USB standard. This despite Cambridge's use of the USB logo on the chassis which should not be there if the input does not conform to the USB plug 'n play protocol.

I suspect that plugging in the USB output from a laptop won't work but there is no harm in trying a suck it and see experiment.

Do you know how to configure your laptop to send sound to the DAC via the USB port? Is your laptop a Mac or PC?

No the Yamaha isn't the only way forward as you can use a converter as I have pointed out. However the Yamaha has advantages like no laptop cooling fan noise.

NB: As much of our recent dialogue relates specifically to your setup and may not be of any interest to other inmates ( evidenced by little input from them), did you know that you can contact me directly rather than via this thread? Just click on my moniker in my postings and that will give you an option to email me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Qobuz Sublime - PAR 15:07:32 05/15/17 (1)
    • WXC-50 - jeromelang 00:45:12 05/23/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.