Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Marantz SA10 Reviews

Unquestionably the SA10-S1 is a very fine machine indeed but it also demands that other system elements at least match it in quality. This was true also of Marantz's other flagship players CD12, CD7, SA1 & SA7-S1. I see no reason why this would not be the case as well with the SA 14SE which was so well received and reviewed in high end circles; anybody owning one of these should at least explore its performance in an upgraded system before casting it aside on a whim.

As to their performance with Red Book CD, I'm not sure what people are expecting. The machines are not music generators they reprocess only the information that is on the disc. For that reason alone the sound may be sound different through different reprocessing but SQ in absolute terms cannot be improved.

It is my view that dedicated RBCD machines like the CD7 remain the best way of hearing CD at its "limited best" as processing remained in the PCM regime throughout.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Marantz SA10 Reviews - hiredfox 08:52:16 05/02/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.