Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: HighResAudio dumps MQA.

Good. That's what I was hoping to hear. My Benchmark USB DAC was just not doing it for me any more, so I decided to take a flyer and get the little $299 Exp2. I thought at a chump change price how could I go wrong.

I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to compare the MQA to a known HiRez file?

I listen 99% of the time to vinyl. And, don't personally care for CDs. At first I subscribed to Spotify. It's was convenient but not great sounding. So, I switched to TIDAL HiFi. I heard about MQA coming to TIDAL and thought, I've been meaning to try the Meridian or the Audioquest USB DACs just for fun and chose the Meridian just in case MQA really did start to take off.

First I downloaded a HiRez Sampler from HDTracks and then I got some of the same files from 2L in MQA. I did like the HiRez files, but I felt they compared well to the MQA files of the same music.

In fact I found one classical piece in 44.1, 96, 192, and 384 with the 96 and 192 versions being MQA encoded files. They all sounded pretty good for digital files and the 192 MQA and the 384 HD File sounding very close but obviously putting more air in the music.

OK, I'll stop going on now. It will be fun to see how this unfolds. I guess the "market" will decide. Maybe.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: HighResAudio dumps MQA. - creativepart 20:40:01 04/06/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.