Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: About those Dragonfly DACs...

According to my Audirvana 3.0X desktop software, when a decoder DAC is recognized - my Meridian Exp2 is recognized automatically - only the bit perfect file, not one software unfolded, is delivered to the DAC.

There also seems to be DACs that are not full decoders but can "render" a higher resolution from a software unfolded file. And lastly there are also those that receive some but not as much enhancement from a software unfolded file because their DAC is neither a decoder nor a renderer.

That's how I read the description anyway.

But it seems many believe the whole thing is a lie. Not just a lie but a damned lie.

It has not gone unnoticed that some of the people that are more vehement in their opinion of the whole thing are also people selling either DACs or High Rez files for download. Who can blame them. MQA is getting more attention and traction than you'd expect from such a false product.

Add to that a great many that have never heard a decoded MQA file - EVER - but nonetheless know it's a lie and a fake.

I'm going to try to be open minded about it. I have it. I like it. I works for me. Other than that I have no skin in this game.

Edits: 04/06/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.