Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Recommended CD Ripping software

dbpoweramp isprobably the best. It has two huge advantages:

1. Accurate Rip. This verifies that your rip is accurate by online comparison with its library of fingerprints from other users. I would say that most recordings appear in that library.

2. PerfectTunes ( an extra feature at a small additional cost). This provides album cover art and metadata (tagging). It provides choices so that you can select the correct items which mirror your particular CD. There may be a need to correct some odd pieces of data before the clicking the button for the actual rip but I have found that over two years of using the application its accuracy gets better and better. It is worthwhile getting this all correct now. You may find that some fields are included that will not display via your HAP-Z1ES player. However please appreciate that you won't be using this player for eternity and in a few years time when you change to another you don't want to have to go back and start re-ripping all of your CDs. I suggest you adopt a "rip it once and rip it right" attitude.

dbpower amp also offers many other attributes including DSP processing and making copies in various codecs should so so wish, e.g. MP3 or AIFF for your phone. It also allows you to rip the CDs to uncompressed FLACs which is not the case with all rippers. These do sound better IMO ( wish that I had learned this earlier) although there is , of course, a penalty in file size and storage. dbpoweramp also provides the software to enable the correction of FLAC tagging even from downloaded files.

I thnk that the answer your question about different rippers having an effect upon sound quality can be deduced from the above. Depending on how you configure the ripper you can even get different sound qualities from the same ripper.

There should be no negative effect from using wifi to transfer the files from your computer to the player. It may take a little longer than by using a wired connection that is all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.