Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Digital download revenues on the way out

2016 worldwide figures generally follow the USA trends but are not precisely comparable.

Worldwide figures ( source:IFPI), show physical formats continuing to decline and comprising 39% of revenue. Downloads still slightly exceed streaming (20% and 19% respectively). The remainder being made up of performance rights etc.

I think it is true to say that there must be large markets where physical formats have dominance and where downloading is comparatively uncommon and where streaming has yet to make a mark or even a start ( presumably the Far East).

High resolution formats are not shown separately in the general IFPI summary of 2016 but may be so in the Global Report , but that costs more than I am prepared to pay to enable a comment on AA ;-). I am willing to guess that they will form a minor contribution.

It is also easy to overlook the fact that fast internet connections are not universally available even in a highy developed country like my own.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.