In Reply to: RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats posted by dbphd on March 29, 2017 at 10:07:16:
FLAC is more universal than AIFF, or ALAC for that matter. But FLAC is incompatible with iTunes. You do not need iTunes in order to transfer your files to the Sony.
You could 'rip' to AIFF or ALAC in iTunes and transfer to the Sony. This will allow you to play your files in iTunes, as well as on the Sony. BUT... unless you want this 'dual' capability, I would use dBpoweramp and rip to FLAC.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - dtyoshih 14:09:44 03/19/17 (20)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - AbeCollins 09:14:16 03/29/17 (4)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - dbphd 10:07:16 03/29/17 (3)
- RE: Neil Young - Dennis1 13:07:13 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - Dennis1 12:59:56 03/20/17 (6)
- New Dac improves... - oldmkvi 14:04:32 03/20/17 (5)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - Kal Rubinson 16:56:47 03/19/17 (2)
- Ripping Blu-ray Audio Article Link - sjg 06:03:56 03/20/17 (1)
- RE: Ripping Blu-ray Audio Article Link - dtyoshih 09:37:09 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - pbarach 15:32:06 03/19/17 (3)