Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Silly queston.

"Of course as you can (in this case) also download the MQA file from the label's website why rip it? However why download an MQA encoded 16 or even 24 bit file aside from saving a little time when you could easily download the original file e.g. 24/192 ? Outside of streaming I have difficulty understanding the purpose of MQA."

Millions of posts, positive and negative, have been cluttering up the bandwidth here since MQA was first introduce by Meridian. Yours above might be the first one that makes any sense at all.

OK, maybe a couple of mine. ;-)

Just got the cabling necessary to hook the Meridian Explorer 2 that inmate 'Bullethead' which gives me chance to now try the Meridian Explorer into the pre-amp input to my Audio-GD Master 11 DAC/Headphone Amp and my Senheiser HD-600 balance cabled headphones. This is a headphone amp with a full 9 watts output in balanced mode! REALLY the best headphone amp I've yet to hear.

And?

There is something to this MQA stuff irrespective of the measurements, missing bits, LOSSEY CODEC and all the rest.

About the best I've heard TIDAL sounding using my current headphone/headphone amp set up, at least on the recording above. And MAYBE but not sure, better than the 16/44.1 Lossless FLAC version of the same CD streamed using my Audio-GD Multi-bit ladder DAC to decode. Current setup take WAY to long to reconfigure to do a quick A:B so it may take a while to know for sure.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Silly queston. - Ivan303 12:46:36 03/24/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.