In Reply to: MQA-Encoded CDs Are Coming posted by srl1 on March 22, 2017 at 12:52:22:
My whole issue with proprietary formats like this is they *never* take off. Anyone remember HDCD? Anyone? Wasn't that supposed to be great?
But it wasn't. Most people didn't have the players or the DACs to really take advantage of it; and when they did..it wasn't that much of an improvement.
Besides, I know a lot of "audiophiles" who claim that anything over 44.1/16 and HD in general is bogus....so that even further reduces the market.
Sounds like another way for a company to milk money out of people.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - MQA-Encoded CDs Are Coming - srl1 12:52:22 03/22/17 (19)
- Talk about April Fools! - tcell 12:33:36 04/04/17 (0)
- Might work for - E-Stat 11:48:49 03/29/17 (1)
- Works for me! /n - Ivan303 18:00:46 03/29/17 (0)
- If we have MQA downloads, why bother with MQA CDs? - AbeCollins 12:41:13 03/28/17 (2)
- RE: If we have MQA downloads, why bother with MQA CDs? - ahendler 13:53:39 03/28/17 (1)
- +1 That too !! - AbeCollins 14:43:41 03/28/17 (0)
- RE:How could MQA improve CD? - ydavid 11:23:55 03/27/17 (3)
- RE:How could MQA improve CD? - zacster 13:58:28 03/27/17 (2)
- RE: MQA-Encoded CDs Are Coming - DewDude 14:11:20 03/23/17 (2)
- RE: MQA-Encoded CDs Are Coming - ahendler 16:30:55 03/23/17 (1)
- I'm with you on this one.... - Ivan303 19:55:07 03/23/17 (0)
- Silly queston. - Ivan303 10:00:58 03/23/17 (2)
- RE: MQA-Encoded CDs Are Coming - PAR 04:19:14 03/23/17 (2)