Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: MQA-Encoded CDs Are Coming

While I don't disagree that there is a limited audience for this to begin with, those that might be interested in MQA CDs already have the DAC with the decoder or are planning on buying one anyway.

One of the failures in the audiophool world is always that the best sounding discs/records/recordings are always of some obscure piece of music that nobody would really put on. I was at a show a few years back where the sales guy (and it is always a guy) was extolling the virtues of these hugely expensive speakers, and the gazillion dollar amp. He spoke for about 10 minutes, while a crowd of people waited to hear. He then proceeded to play a piece of medieval flute/pipe music that was on some audiophile recording. Half the crowd walked out. It could not have been any less interesting. Later at the same show, I'm in a room with some less expensive equipment and the guy puts on Hotel California. Half the people on the floor crowded into the room. Love it or hate it, at least the song is something we all know.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.