In Reply to: RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats posted by dtyoshih on March 19, 2017 at 19:36:06:
The Sony does NOT support the uncompressed BluRay audio format. It stores digital audio files that are input over a LAN or USB input, converts them to analog, and outputs them through RCA or XLR connections. Uncompressed BluRay digital audio signals can only be transmitted digitally as a hi-rez signal using an HDMI cable, due to copy protection restrictions.
The Oppo players will output BluRay audio after converting it to analog. They will also transmit a down-rez digital version of the BluRay's uncompressed audio signal over coaxial and optical outputs. This Sony unit has no way to access the uncompressed, high-rez audio on a BluRay.
Edits: 03/19/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - dtyoshih 14:09:44 03/19/17 (20)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - AbeCollins 09:14:16 03/29/17 (4)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - dbphd 10:07:16 03/29/17 (3)
- RE: Neil Young - Dennis1 13:07:13 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - Dennis1 12:59:56 03/20/17 (6)
- New Dac improves... - oldmkvi 14:04:32 03/20/17 (5)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - Kal Rubinson 16:56:47 03/19/17 (2)
- Ripping Blu-ray Audio Article Link - sjg 06:03:56 03/20/17 (1)
- RE: Ripping Blu-ray Audio Article Link - dtyoshih 09:37:09 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - pbarach 15:32:06 03/19/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Sony HAP-Z1ES and formats - pbarach 19:48:51 03/19/17 (1)
- Thanks for the explanation :NT - dtyoshih 09:16:29 03/20/17 (0)