Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Just received notice that Classics Online will discontinue 2/1/17

Must agree with PAR

First, niche streaming sites (other than Pandora or Apple Music) seem to be dying at a prolific rate. ClassicsOnline is already dead. Another classical one was in admin (but quite good - hope it lasts).

Second, while CD sales may still be in decline, I think they still exceed download revenue, and the age of download sales has already peaked and has been going into serious decline, being wiped out by streaming. The new kiddies with their 5 second attention spans and everything they own crammed into a phone haven't got the space or time to store, sort or collect downloads. They want the streaming service to sort everything for them.

So, with downloads down the gurgler, and streaming not bringing in much revenue, it's looking pretty uncomfortable to be a music industry exec these days. I can't see them throwing out physical formats ... quite the opposite, they seem to be trying to bring back as many physical formats as they can: vinyl is back ... and even tape is making a comeback!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Just received notice that Classics Online will discontinue 2/1/17 - Felixer 10:10:05 03/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.