Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Network Attached Storage

Here's another thought:

Perhaps moving from the USB hard drive/thumb drives to a Network Attached Storage device (NAS) would open up your options for 128 DSD playback on the new Oppos and/or other DSD 128 capable Dacs with a Ethernet/Music File player option.

I have all my music stored on a 12TB Western Digital NAS drive (WD MyCloud EX2 $600.00) and play music directly through Oppo 105 without any other computer or software.

It works the same as having a USB hd directly attached but it attaches via ethernet to your network and on the Oppo you select the Network option on the Home Menu and then navigate to the folder you want.

The Western Digital MyCloud NAS or MyCloud EX2 units are inexpensive and is v. easy to use and setup. (a single drive 6TB WD Mycloud sells for under $250 on Amazon). The Oppo 105 has no trouble finding it.

I control playback in the same way via the menu system with the TV on or via the Oppo Media control app.

It is too bad that the new Oppos are not offering easy native 128DSD playback.

cheers, Stephanie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Network Attached Storage - sjg 09:15:42 01/30/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.