Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Why?

I prefer the user interface of both the Oppo and TASCAM. Apparently the user interface is much more important to me than removing the slight limitations inherent in the two components. Another factor is that I own both components and I bought them for other reasons than digital music playback. I bought the Oppo because I needed a Blu-Ray disc player and Netflix streamer. I spend more time watching movies and streaming Netflix than I spend listening to music. Next, I bought the TASCAM DA-3000 specifically for recording vinyl. My Alesis Masterlink was old and obsolete whereas the TASCAM DA-3000 was much more convenient for transferring music files to my computer for mastering and storage. I only discovered its ability as a digital player after buying it and I found its sonic flavor more to my liking than any other DAC I had owned previously. In fact, I even bought a Stello U3 link so I could use the TASCAM as a USB DAC for my computer streamer but I prefer the user interface of the Oppo BDP-105D for playing music.

Consequently, I would like to find something like my Oppo BDP-105D to play all my digital music files including DSD(128) directly from a USB drive. If I can't, I prefer to continue with my present components and use my BDP-105D for everything digital except DSD(128) and switch to my TASCAM for DSD(128) only.

Best regards,
John Elison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.